The home screen of your smartphone or tablet is the central hub for accessing your most-used apps. Occasionally, you may inadvertently remove an app from your home screen, leaving you wondering how to bring it back. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll explain how to add an app back to your home screen on both iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android devices.
Method 1: Adding an App to the Home Screen on iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Here’s how to add an app back to your home screen on an iOS device:
- Unlock Your Device: If your device is locked, unlock it by entering your passcode or using Face ID or Touch ID.
- Access the App Library: Swipe to the rightmost home screen to access the App Library, which displays all your installed apps.
- Search for the App: If you have many apps, you can use the search bar at the top of the screen to find the app you want to add to your home screen.
- Long-Press the App Icon: When you’ve located the app, press and hold the app icon. This will activate the editing mode.
- Drag the App to the Home Screen: Without lifting your finger, drag the app icon to your home screen by moving it to the leftmost page or any desired location.
- Drop the App: Once you’ve positioned the app where you want it, lift your finger to drop the app icon on the home screen.
- Exit Editing Mode: To exit editing mode and save the changes, simply tap the Done or X button in the top-left corner of the screen. Your app will now be on your home screen.
Method 2: Adding an App to the Home Screen on Android
Adding an app to the home screen on an Android device is a slightly different process. Here’s how to do it:
- Unlock Your Device: If your device is locked, unlock it using your PIN, pattern, or fingerprint.
- Access the App Drawer: On most Android devices, the home screen doesn’t display all your apps. You’ll need to access the app drawer, which is usually represented by a grid icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the App: In the app drawer, scroll through the list of installed apps to find the one you want to add to your home screen.
- Long-Press the App: Press and hold the app icon. Your device may vibrate or provide feedback to indicate that you’re in editing mode.
- Drag to the Home Screen: Without lifting your finger, drag the app icon to your desired position on the home screen. You can create a new screen by dragging it to the rightmost side of your home screen panels.
- Release to Place: Once you’ve positioned the app where you want it, release your finger to place the app icon on the home screen.
- Exit Editing Mode: Tap the home button or back button on your device to exit editing mode and save the changes. Your app is now on your home screen.
Bringing an app back to your home screen is a simple process on both iOS and Android devices. Whether you accidentally removed an app or simply want to organize your home screen, following these steps will ensure that your frequently used apps are easily accessible from your device’s main interface.