As iPhone users, we often accumulate a plethora of apps on our devices. While many of them are essential for our daily routines, there may be apps that we’d like to keep out of sight for various reasons. Whether you want to declutter your home screen, maintain privacy, or simply reduce distractions, this article will guide you through the process of hiding apps on your iPhone.
Method 1: Using App Library (iOS 14 and Later)
With iOS 14 and later, Apple introduced the App Library, which offers an organized way to hide apps without actually deleting them.
- Swipe Right: On your home screen, swipe left to access the App Library. This screen categorizes your apps into folders based on their functions.
- Search for the App: Use the search bar at the top to find the app you want to hide. Type the app’s name or scroll through the categories.
- Long-Press on the App: When you find the app, long-press on its icon. This will trigger a context menu.
- Choose ‘Remove App’: In the context menu, select the “Remove App” option.
- Select ‘Add to Library’: You’ll be presented with two options: “Delete App” and “Add to Library.” Choose “Add to Library.” This will remove the app from your home screen and place it in the App Library.
Now, the app is no longer visible on your home screen but can be easily accessed from the App Library.
Method 2: Using Folders
Another method to hide apps is by placing them in a folder and moving the folder to an inconspicuous location on your home screen.
- Create a Folder: To create a folder, drag one app icon onto another. This action will create a folder with both apps inside.
- Rename the Folder: Tap on the folder to open it, and tap the text area to rename it. You can use a name like “Utilities” or “Extras” to make it less noticeable.
- Add Apps: Drag the app you want to hide into the folder.
- Move the Folder: Now that the app is hidden inside a folder, move the folder to the last page of your home screen or a screen that you access less frequently. To move it, long-press the folder and drag it to your desired location.
Method 3: Disable App Notifications
While this doesn’t hide the app, disabling its notifications can reduce its visibility and prevent interruptions.
- Go to Settings: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll Down and Select the App: Scroll down to find the app you want to hide. Tap on it.
- Toggle off ‘Allow Notifications’: In the app’s settings, toggle off the “Allow Notifications” switch. This will stop notifications from the app.
Hiding apps on your iPhone can help you declutter your home screen, maintain privacy, and reduce distractions. Whether you use the App Library, create folders, or disable notifications, these methods allow you to customize your iPhone to better suit your preferences. Experiment with these options to find the best approach for your needs, and enjoy a cleaner and more organized mobile experience.